My Guide Website?
Pittwater Discovery Half-Day Kayaking Tour1 Reviews
Leaving from the marina, kayak around Scotland Island and into one of the most beautiful bays for morning tea. Led by an experienced guide, put on your shoes for a short bush walk among the gum trees to Lovett Bay waterfall before paddling home.
- Discover the sandy inlets, cliffs and gum trees of Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park by kayak
- Pull your kayaks up on an isolated beach and enjoy the tranquil surroundings while feasting on a picnic-style spread of fresh fruit and pastries
- Pop on your walking shoes for a bush walk and enjoy a hidden rainforest waterfall above Lovett Bay, known only to the locals
DescriptionIt’s easy to forget that Sydney is only an hour away when you discover the sandy beaches, cliffs, and bushland of the western foreshore of Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park. Enjoy a half day kayaking on Pittwater’s islands, bays, and coves. This kayaking and bushwalking tour is professionally guided, and is approximately four hours long, not including transport from the city. You will be introduced to pristine national parkland accessible only by water. All paddlers arrive at the Bayview Anchorage Marina at 9:00 AM for a 9:30 AM departure with a return time targeted between 1-1:30 PM, depending on wind conditions and your stamina and fitness. A double seat in the sea kayaks and all safety equipment is provided, as well as a water bottle and a morning tea of fruit and breakfast pastries. After a safety instruction detailing use of the equipment and paddling techniques, launch your kayaks and paddle approximately 1.5-2 hours around Scotland Island and into Lovett Bay, enjoying the scenery and learning more about the idyllic lifestyles of the off-shore residents. At high tide, enjoy paddling through the mangroves in Salvation Creek before pulling up at its sandy beach. After a leisurely 30-minute bush walk and a morning tea served picnic-style on a secluded beach, you will paddle approximately 60 minutes back to the marina location.
IncludesNational Park entrance fees Bottled water Morning tea, including fruit and pastries Knowledgeable kayaking guides Double seat in sea kayaks Personal flotation devices and paddles
- Bring a hat, sunglasses, and comfortable quick-drying clothes suitable for the weather
- Bring a change of clothes for the trip home
- Depending on the season, dress for both sun protection and warmth knowing all attire can get wet
- This experience includes both kayaking and a short bush walk, suitable footwear is recommended
- All paddlers must have moderate fitness, must be able to swim, and must be confident on the water