My Guide Website?
Sydney: City & The Rocks 3.5-Hour Historical Walking Tour21 Reviews
Discover the story of Sydney on this expert-led walking tour, while hitting all of the city’s main attractions. Go deeper in learning about Australian history, culture, society & First Nations people.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sydney:If youʻre booking your trip to Sydney last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Sydney: Electric Boat Rental from Cabarita Point
- From Sydney: Canberra Day Tour
- Sydney: Big Bus Open-Top Hop-on Hop-off Tour
- Sydney: Ghost Hunt City Exploration Smartphone Game
- Sydney: Taronga Zoo Ticket with Return Ferry
- Learn about Sydney's history, architecture, art and First Nations culture
- Explore Sydney's streets, laneways, new developments and heritage precincts
- Finish the tour with a local beer and harbour view of the Opera House and Bridge
- Get inside tips about the best bars and restaurants from your local guide
DescriptionDiscover the story of Sydney on this expert-led walking tour, while hitting all of the city’s main attractions. Perfect for those who have just arrived, as well as locals and those who want to go deeper in learning about Australian history, culture, society & First Nations people. Starting from Customs House, you’ll hear about Sydney’s colonisation by the British – and how their arrival impacted the original inhabitants, the Cadigal people of the Eora nation. Your guide will provide you with a range of perspectives on Sydney’s development, introducing Aboriginal people, British governors, convicts & entrepreneurs, and other multicultural migrants, as you weave your way through the city centre. You’ll also walk through part of The Rocks and finish at a popular brewery with harbour views of both the Bridge and the Opera House. At the end of the tour, your host will give you a custom-made map with heaps of recommendations to make the most of your time in Sydney: food, nightlife, art and much more – stuff you won’t find in any guidebook! With a maximum of 12 guests, you’ll be able to walk the streets in a small group so you’re not fighting to see, hear your guide or stay on the footpath. Note: This tour is not recommended for children under 12 as it involves 3 hours of stories about Sydney’s history and walking approx 4km.
Includes3 – 3.5 hour guided activity 1 classic Aussie snack/biscuit Craft beer (or soft drink or juice) Map with recommendations Group photos
- You will walk 4 km (2.5 miles) on this tour. We walk at a leisurely pace, but comfortable shoes and a water bottle are a must. This tour is not recommended for children under 12 years of age as it involves 3 hours of stories about Sydney’s history and plenty of walking, which can often be little much for our younger guests. Please contact us if you need more information.