My Guide Website?
Sydney: 3-Hour Night Photography Workshop
Join this 3-hour workshop held on Sydney's Harbor Foreshore. Spend an exciting evening learning from a professional photographer as you capture Sydney’s beautiful lights and iconic landmarks.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sydney:If youʻre booking your trip to Sydney last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Sydney: Jenolan Caves Blue Mountains Day Tour & River Cruise
- Sydney: Big Bus Open-Top Hop-on Hop-off Tour
- Sydney: Urban Winery Wine Tasting Tour with Cheese Platter
- Sydney: The Rocks 90-Minute Walking Tour
- Sydney: Guided Harbour E-Bike Tour
- Learn to shoot in manual mode with your camera
- Enjoy taking shots around Sydney's Harbor Foreshore as you learn
- See how a professional gets those 'postcard standard' shots
- Capture Sydney's beautiful lights and iconic landmarks
- Suitable for both beginners and amateurs using any camera with full manual capability
DescriptionThis Photography Workshop is held on various Thursday or Friday nights from 6:00 to 9:00pm (7:00 to 10:00pm during daylight saving) As the city lights come on and the city comes alive, you will learn creative techniques to help you create postcard quality images on this fun, inspirational and eye-opening experience. Your night begins with a harborside brief and introduction from a working professional photographer. As night falls, a whole new world of subjects come to life as you spend the evening exploring the bright lights of the amazing Sydney Harbor and its surrounding area. From the moving ferry lights on the harbor, to the neon lights of the central business district, to the moody and character-filled streets of The Rocks, this night photography workshop will introduce you to simple yet creative tips and techniques involved in shooting after dark in Sydney. Control your camera manually as you learn how to expose for mood, capture light blur trails, zooming and light painting techniques, creative portraits at night and much more. Change the way you see things with this night photography workshop as you learn how to find suitable subject matter by thinking outside the box. From beginners looking for a fun and exciting introduction to photography to enthusiasts looking to switch to manual or looking to brush up on their technique, this night photography course is a fun night’s photography for people looking to shoot and experiment with like-minded people. All you need is a Digital SLR, hybrid or micro camera with full manual controls, a sturdy tripod and lots of memory space. Not suitable for compact cameras without full manual capability. A tripod is essential for this workshop. Please note, tripods cannot be loaned. You will need: - Your Camera(s) - A sturdy tripod (this is essential) - A selection of lenses if you have more than one - A torch (to be used in exercises) - Lens hood if you have one - Blank formatted memory card(s) if shooting digital - Fully charged camera battery and spare if you have one - Your cameras manual(s) - for referencing those hard to find features - Dress casual and comfortably with sensible shoes (you may get a little dirty at some locations) Basic overview of some of the topics that may be covered: - Shooting neon signs and fireworks - Photographing the moon - Night landscapes - Night portraits - Long exposure techniques - Using movement - Equipment - Safety, camera care and security - Working with available light - Introduction to manual exposure - Composition - Working with abstracts - Thinking outside the square - White balance techniques - Creative light painting techniques
IncludesProfessional Photographer/ Tutor Guide for 3-hours
- A final weather check will be conducted with the Bureau of Meteorology on the day of each workshop. This may lead to the workshop being postponed in cases of unfavorable weather reports
- The workshop may run in cases of light showers but not in persistent showers or heavy rain
- Should we need to postpone you will be notified via text message to the mobile number given