My Guide Website?
Sydney Opera House: La Boheme by Opera Australia92 Reviews
No trip to Sydney is complete without a visit to its most famous building, the Sydney Opera House. Come inside and see a spectacular performance of La Boheme.
- See a world-class opera at the iconic Sydney Opera House
- Experience the original bohemian love story
- Marvel at the incredible costumes and set design
DescriptionExperience a performance at the Sydney Opera House of La Boheme, the original bohemian love story, set among the fishnets and fairy lights of 1930s. Admire the gorgeous costumes and impressive sets, as you watch this devastating love story play out. A poet, a painter, a musician, and a philosopher walk into a bar to celebrate a sudden windfall in a lean winter. It’s Christmas Eve, and the poet has just felt the first pangs of great love. When a seamstress knocks on his door searching for candlelight, the pair fall in love. Between the ideals of love and art, and the cruel realities of cold winters, bitter jealousies and empty pockets, two sets of lovers are trying to find their way. By the time the curtain comes down, you’ll know the answer to the eternal question, is love enough?
IncludesTicket to La Boheme
- While it is fun to dress up for the opera, there is no mandatory dress code. Smart or casual dress are both perfectly acceptable
- An extra layer is advised because it can get cold in the theater
- All the operas have English subtitles projected above and on the stage of the stage. In 2019 La Bohème, Turandot and Madama Butterfly will also have Simplified Chinese subtitles
- Photography, sound recording, or any kind of filming is not permitted during the performance but you're welcome to take photos before and after the performance and at interval
- All bags will be checked at venue entry points All items larger than an A4 sheet of paper (21cm x 30cm) must be cloaked. The cloakroom is free